“Move on.” “Get over it.” “Rub some dirt in it.” Sometimes the world around us can make us feel like delving into our emotions is forbidden territory. The secret: that’s exactly where we need to let ourselves go in order to move on.
In this episode of Building Resilience, I open up a conversation about the importance of not just feeling, but understanding and processing our emotions. I’ve touched the surface of emotions in past episodes. However, today we dig in and explore why you should invite a hard emotion in, like a welcome guest—and when it’s time, send it on its way.
We unfold common coping strategies, discuss why our emotions are like a car’s dashboard, and how our emotions intertwine with our thoughts. After listening, you’ll know how to not just accept a hard emotion—but embrace it.
Episodes I Mentioned :
- Episode 11: Understanding Feelings
- Episode 12: The Healthy Way to Deal With Feelings
Episode 127: Affect Labeling
- Episode 144: Suicide Awareness with Special Guest Rachael Clement Fiore
- The “Memory Matters” course—cherish and protect your memories, they’re invaluable.
- The Advanced Nervous System Resilience training—join the waitlist! Dive deep into understanding the nervous system and its role in our lives.
- My video series, “The 30 Second Burnout Solution”—a lifeline for those grappling with stress and burnout, especially compassion fatigue and secondary traumatic stress.
Could you do me a favor? Please leave a review on your preferred podcast platform—it helps me reach more and more people. I’d also love to hear any insights or questions you have. Visit me on Facebook or Instagram. You can also find me on my website and book a mini session with me!