Ever question how your nervous system impacts your role as a parent? The resilience of our nervous system, its ability to contract and expand, significantly influences our parenting journey. From the womb to young adulthood, the dance of connection between caregiver and child lays the foundation for regulation and resilience.
In this enriching episode, we delve into the pivotal role of co-regulation in early developmental stages, the profound impact of caregivers in modeling and teaching self-regulation and strategies for parents to foster emotional understanding in children, from toddlers to teens.
- Episodes 72, 74, 75: Diving deep into connection and communication.
- Episode 129: An exploration of executive function skills.
- Episode 98: Cultivating resourcefulness in children by probing instead of problem-solving.
- “Hold Onto Your Kids” by Gabor Mate and Gordon Neufeld: An essential read on the significance of parental presence during the tumultuous teen years.
- The “Memory Matters” course—in the end, our memories are really all we are ever left with, so protect them.
- The Advanced Nervous System Resilience training—get on the wait list! It’s all things nervous system, personally and professionally, and how to integrate it in your coaching.
- My video series, “The 30 Second Burnout Solution”, a resource I created to help those dealing with stress and burnout—particularly compassion fatigue and secondary traumatic stress.