One secret to dramatically improving your mental health and well-being might just be hidden in something as simple as the way you breathe.
Join me on this episode of Building Resilience as we explore the importance of nasal breathing, the drawbacks of mouth breathing, and how consciously controlling our breath can help reverse the stress response. We’ll also discuss the benefits of breathwork in treating depression, anxiety, and PTSD, and how different types of breathwork can help access buried emotions and promote mental calmness and focus.
Links/Past Episodes I Mentioned:
- “Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art” by James Nestor
- Limitless with Chris Hemsworth (specifically episode 1!)
- The “Memory Matters” course—in the end, our memories are really all we are ever left with, so protect them.
- The Advanced Nervous System Resilience training, starting in May—all things nervous system, personally and professionally, and how to integrate it in your coaching.
- My video series, “The 30 Second Burnout Solution”, a resource I created to help those dealing with stress and burnout—particularly compassion fatigue and secondary traumatic stress.
Visit me on Facebook or Instagram. You can also find me on my website and book a mini session with me!